Monday, July 04, 2005

Sacred Rhythms Motherfucker

[ music: Prince - Get Off (Steve Silk Hurley Mix) ]

i. Sacred Rhythms

I showed up way later than usual for this since I am a little tired of entering an empty club. So I was there at 8pm; and the place was filled with no more than 25 people. I'm gonna start thinking I became a Joe Claussell Nerd soon. The man's talent is immense, I just don't understand why people are just absent.
Anyway, it was the usual house/not house/drums. Danny Krivit showed up and worked some track Joe was playing (twice! Are you a lover or something) in a way that suited me way better than his B&S days (tempo wise). I might just check out his party next week, everyone's raving about it.
Anyway, I hoped Louie would play some vocals more on the House side. Well, he spent half an hour playing a simple drum track that got me tired. I left at 10:30pm. I need to give that place a break.

ii. Motherfucker

Finally! People who seems not to take themselves too seriously and go a little crazy! Motherfucker was a lot of fun!
First, when I showed up at the door, there was this group of 4 guys who looked like this. Needless to say I didn't even want to stand next to that. The doorman gently told them they needed to check another spot out, and nicely moved on! What a surprise! A club who filters the entrance.
Anyway, got in at the sound of Prince's Kiss mixed with Daft Punk 'Da Funk' (I remember that bootleg I had of that track back when it wasn't on Virgin...great work).
At my entrance, the lounge was filled with kids that reminded me of a glam gay-straight Twilo on Sunday morning. Great to see such energy. I appeared on the floor only to find Michael T turning it out on the floor to the end of the track. I told you already, when you see some Queen turning it on the floor for fun you know you're at the right party.
I got myself a cocktail and just hanged out and had fun with the kids. I liked the music a lot, more on the Electro than Rock, which is easier to dance for me.
This kid was ovah! Was dancing on some Prince song in the second floor room. The picture doesn't make justice to the full look. He had tight pink underwear on, fluo yellow stockings and old school 80s big white sneakers; and danced great (in a prancing way of course!).
I didn't catch this young one, but I'm sure if I did I would have had très Sadienne visions; wasn't this kid in Pasolini's Salò anyway?
It thined out at 4:30am, wich is a shame because that's when my body starts moving and I need to work on the floor ... I guess years and years of afterhours will do that to you. Haha!
Michael T. took the command on the booth for this last part and he was easy-ing it out for people, nicely.

All in all, Motherfucker's a breath of fresh air in the rotten House scene, and I need to show up before 3:00am to get more out of it. Also, I'm not an Alcohol kind of freak so I need to find something else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home