Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pacha Opening

[music: Arctic Monkeys - A Certain Romance (from evr)]

I missed yesterday's Amanda's birthday at Happy Valley. Well, what gives? I don't know.
So tonight I headed early at the private opening of Pacha (a.k.a. 2nd life Sound Factory) on 46th Street.
The place was completely insane in front. There seemed to be 5 lines to get into the club, was just nuts and totally chaotic. Anyway, made it inside fast enough after some pushing (booo).
The place was quite nice, not much changed in there. The structure is pretty much the same. They added colored light and better seats in the first floor to make it more appealing to those who need to feel like they're living large or something.
Downstairs it was pretty much the same as the previous club incarnation. It was open bar but I did not go crazy on the free alcohol, stuck to water.
The dancers were absolutely fuckin hot and stunning. Not many drag queens or cool crowd --at least early when I was there. Was nothing like Amanda's birthday for example. Was a lot of Long Island / Hamptons girls, at least that's how they look to me. Too much make-up, clothing is completely off --super mini. I mean, if I was a girl I'll dress Hedi Slimane Dior Homme, that's style for a girl.
Anyway, I did have fun thanks to Louie Vega who played really well with a lot of energy in the tracks and transitions. He kept the dancefloor really moving. Thanks Louie.
It was also fun to look at the who's who of NY Deep House (Phil B. of Dancetracks, Robbie the promoter) given the absolute commercial aspect of the club. It gave a feel of family.

After 2 trips around the club, I left. I'll visit soon.

Criswell: Greeting my friends, we are all interested in the future because that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.
Nothing to see there for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home