Monday, July 24, 2006

The Old...

[music: Madonna - Erotica (Bass Hit Dub)]

Junior Vasquez plays Classics at Cielo.

It has been a long time since I have been to a Junior Vasquez party, maybe a year? Maybe more. I can't even remember.
So, being that I love the club Cielo and I am a fan of old school House, I thought this would be a great event. Junior's Classics parties are always a great event featuring all the old friends.

Arrived early to chill in the garden for a while, the music by 11:30 was nothing special. The club half full. By 12:30, the music switched to old school house -which I love-. The crowd was so trash. It looked like the glitter part of Junior party is totally gone. Not one of my usual party friends showed up. It was a display of people who seem to be stuck in the past, not knowing where to go to have as much fun today as they had yesterday. Then around 1 the music moved to a really hard sounding house, it wasn't matching the space very well, and was just too much. I left after not being able to take it anymore, around 1:30 or 2:00.

It seems the golden age of Junior is over, and even the average age. Last night was a sad display. The music was bad, the mixing nothing special, and the crowd just dirty looking. Sad.
I won't be at another Junior party for a long long time. In the mean time, I heard Victor Calderone event at Crobar was great and the crowd fun, mixed, and uplifted.

2 Comments:

Blogger jboogs said...

ru fucking kidding me....junior was AMAZING!!!!! That party worked the shit out of me...I was at crobar as well, I am of fan of Victor but he was OFF! Monotonious tribal beat all night ...I guess u enjoyed it guys u were hanging with your cousin Tina All weekend!

9:48 PM  
Blogger arppeggio said...

We actors don't get a lot of infrared saunas till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our infrared saunas regardless. infrared saunas
Isobella
http://www.onlinepoolchemicals.co.uk

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home